Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
single_tpsi single_tpsiParticipant::Right — have been messing about with this thing for maybe four months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a mate asked me last week. I’m UK based, mainly do football and horses, nothing mad, for context.
How I found it was actually pretty stupid — I could never figure out what an ew payout actually came to with 1/5 odds a place. I used to just guess and then be surprised. These days I punch the numbers in before I place anything, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator tool is the part I’m on daily — type in your stake, the odds and it spits out the return with no faffing, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. There’s also the fiddly ones — acca and treble returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, patents and yankees, honestly that’s where most people I know got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it’s over at [url=https://single-calculator.com/bet-calculator/double]bet calculator double[/url] — free, no signup.
What actually shifted things for me were the geekier extras. The implied probability calculator that shows the overround, plus a kelly staking calculator — I stick to fractional kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutching one gets used a fair bit when I’m covering two or three runners.
Couple of gripes. Its layout is pretty plain — no polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it’s fine but the bigger tables need a bit of scrolling. There’s nothing on the app store, it’s a website and that’s it — slight shame but worth saying.
So yeah. Free, barely any ads, does the job. If you honestly does the maths on paper, give it a go — it’s saved me plenty of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
single_tpsi single_tpsiParticipant::So — been on this thing for about a few months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d write something up since a lad on another thread asked me a few days back. Am UK based, generally do football and horses, nothing mad, so take it how you like.
How I found it was actually a bit daft — I could never work out what an e/w return actually came to once you get five places instead of three. I used to just wing it and then be surprised. Now I stick my stake in before every slip, even the boring singles.
The single bet calculator tool is the bit I’m on daily — you put in the price and your stake and it shows returns instantly, either odds format. It also handles the bigger stuff — doubles and trebles returns, lucky 15s, yankees, which is where I always mess it up. If you want a look, it’s over at [url=https://single-calculator.com/bet-calculator/matched-betting]matched betting odds[/url] — free, no signup.
The thing that actually changed how I bet were the geekier bits. They’ve got an odds-to-probability calculator that shows what margin’s baked in, plus a kelly staking calculator — I run quarter kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutching one gets used a fair bit if I’m splitting a race.
Couple of gripes. Its interface looks a bit basic — no flash, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On mobile it’s fine but the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. And no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — doesn’t bother me but you asked.
Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, no ads shoved in your face, works. If anyone honestly works out returns on a calculator app, give it a go — saves me plenty of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
-
AuthorPosts