single_spPn single_spPn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: single bet calculator #291565
    Helpful
    Up
    0
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

    So — been using this thing for maybe four months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so thought I’d say something since a lad on another thread asked me last week. Am based in the UK, mainly stick to footie and the horses, small stakes, just so you know where I’m coming from.

    The reason I started using it was actually embarrassing — I never could figure out what an ew return actually came to once you get five places instead of three. I’d just eyeball it and get a shock. These days I punch the numbers in first, every time, even the boring singles.

    The single bet calculator tool is the bit I’m on daily — you drop in your stake, the odds and it spits out the return instantly, either odds format. There’s also the multiples — doubles and trebles maths, a lucky 15, patents and yankees, which is where I always got it wrong. If you want a look, it’s here [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/matched-betting]match betting calculator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.

    What actually shifted things for me is the more serious bits. The odds-to-probability calculator and it makes obvious what margin’s baked in, and a kelly tool — I use half kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. The dutching one is decent if I’m spreading across selections.

    Couple of gripes. Its layout is a bit basic — no frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it works though the acca grid are a squeeze. And nothing on the app store, it’s browser only — fine by me but worth saying.

    Anyway. Costs nowt, barely any ads, works. If you honestly does the maths on paper, give it a go — saved me a load of “wait, that’s it?” moments.

    in reply to: ShaneNak #291560
    Helpful
    Up
    0
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

    Right — been using this thing for maybe five months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, reckon I’d chuck my thoughts in since someone asked me a few days back. I’m based in the UK, mostly bet football and racing, nothing mad, just so you know where I’m coming from.

    What got me on it was genuinely a bit daft — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way return would be with 1/5 odds a place. Basically I’d guess and then be surprised. Now I punch the numbers in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.

    Their single bet calculator is the bit I open most — you put in stake and odds and you get profit and total return straight away, fractions or decimals. It also handles the fiddly ones — acca and treble returns, lucky 15s, a yankee, and that’s where I always got it wrong. If you fancy a poke about, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/accumulator]odds accumulator[/url] — free, no signup.

    What genuinely changed how I bet were the more serious bits. The probability converter that shows what margin’s baked in, and there’s the kelly staking tool — I stick to fractional kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. Dutching calculator is decent when I’m splitting a race.

    It’s not perfect mind. The design looks very functional, let’s say — zero frills, it’s clearly function over form. Phone-wise it’s fine although the acca grid are a squeeze. Also there’s no app, just the site — doesn’t bother me just flagging it.

    So yeah. Costs nowt, no ads shoved in your face, does what it says. If anyone honestly adds it up in their head, try it — it’s saved me a load of “wait, that’s it?” moments.

    in reply to: jeans #290458
    Helpful
    Up
    0
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

    Right — have been messing about with this thing for maybe six months now and I keep coming back, so thought I’d write something up since a mate asked me the other day. Am UK based, generally stick to footie and the horses, small stakes, just so you know where I’m coming from.

    The reason I started using it was actually a bit daft — I could never figure out what an e/w return would be once you get five places instead of three. I’d just guess and then be surprised. These days I stick my stake in before every slip, even a simple single bet.

    The single bet calculator tool is the bit I use most — you put in stake and odds and it spits out returns instantly, fractions or decimals. Same tool covers the multiples — trebles maths, lucky 15 and lucky 63, a yankee, honestly that’s where I’d always got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk]single bet returns calculator[/url] — free, no signup.

    What actually made a difference was the geekier bits. The implied probability thing that shows the overround, and there’s the kelly calculator — I use half kelly as the full version is a quick route to a dead bankroll. Dutching calculator is decent if I’m splitting a race.

    Not all sunshine though. The interface feels very functional, let’s say — zero polish, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it works though the bigger tables need a bit of scrolling. Also there’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me but you asked.

    Right, that’s me. Doesn’t cost anything, not plastered in adverts, does the job. If you even now works out returns on a calculator app, give it a go — it’s saved me plenty of dumb bets I’d have regretted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)