Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
single_dssi single_dssiParticipant::So — been using this thing for something like a few months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so thought I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me a few days back. Am in the UK, mainly bet football and racing, a fiver here and there, just so you know where I’m coming from.
What got me on it was actually pretty stupid — I never could get my head round what an ew payout actually came to when the place terms changed. I used to just guess and get a shock. Now I stick my stake in before every slip, even a straight one-selection punt.
Their single bet calculator is the part I’m on daily — you drop in your stake, the odds and it spits out profit and total return instantly, either odds format. It also handles the fiddly ones — trebles returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, a yankee, honestly that’s where I always got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://single-calculator.com]bet return calculator[/url] — free, no signup.
The thing that really shifted things for me was the more serious tools. They’ve got an odds-to-probability converter and it makes obvious how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly staking calculator — I use half kelly because full kelly is terrifying. The dutch tool is decent when I’m spreading across selections.
It’s not perfect mind. Its interface feels pretty plain — zero frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On my phone it works but the lucky 63 breakdown are a squeeze. There’s no app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me but you asked.
So yeah. Costs nowt, barely any ads, works. If anyone honestly works out returns on a calculator app, try it — saved me a load of dumb bets I’d have regretted.
single_dssi single_dssiParticipant::OK — been using this thing for something like a few months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so thought I’d say something since a mate asked me last week. I’m in the UK, generally bet football and racing, a fiver here and there, so take it how you like.
The reason I started using it was genuinely pretty stupid — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way payout actually came to when the place terms changed. Basically I’d eyeball it and then be surprised. These days I stick my stake in before I place anything, even a straight one-selection punt.
The single bet calculator tool is the part I open most — you drop in your stake, the odds and it spits out profit and total return straight away, fractions or decimals. Same tool covers the multiples — doubles and trebles maths, lucky 15s, patents and yankees, and that’s where I’d always got it wrong. Have a go yourself, it’s here [url=https://single-calculator.com/bet-calculator/accumulator]calculate a betting accumulator[/url] and there’s no login wall, which I appreciated.
What actually shifted things for me were the more serious tools. There’s an implied probability thing that shows how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly criterion tool — I run quarter kelly since full stakes are far too aggressive. The dutch tool gets used a fair bit when I’m splitting a race.
Not all sunshine though. Its interface looks pretty plain — not much polish, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. Phone-wise it’s usable but the bigger tables make you pinch and zoom. And no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — fine by me just flagging it.
Anyway. Costs nowt, barely any ads, works. Anyone who still works out returns on a calculator app, have a look — saves me plenty of arguments with the bookie.
-
AuthorPosts