single_wdPn single_wdPn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: single bet calculator #290594
    Helpful
    Up
    0
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

    OK — been using this thing for about six months now and it’s stuck on my phone, reckon I’d say something since a mate asked me last week. Am UK based, mainly bet football and racing, small stakes, so take it how you like.

    How I found it was actually a bit daft — I never could work out what an each way payout would be when the place terms changed. I’d just wing it and get a shock. Now punch the numbers in first, every time, even a straight one-selection punt.

    The single bet calculator is the part I use most — type in your stake, the odds and it shows returns with no faffing, either odds format. Same tool covers the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, lucky 15s, a yankee, and that’s where most people I know got it wrong. If you want a look, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/accumulator]profit accumulator calculator[/url] — free, no signup.

    The thing that genuinely shifted things for me were the geekier bits. There’s an odds-to-probability converter that shows how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly staking calculator — I stick to fractional kelly as the full version is terrifying. The dutching one gets used a fair bit for when I’m covering two or three runners.

    It’s not perfect mind. Its layout is a bit basic — no frills, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. On mobile it’s usable though the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. Also there’s no proper app, just the site — slight shame just flagging it.

    Right, that’s me. Costs nowt, barely any ads, works. Anyone who honestly adds it up in their head, give it a go — it’s saved me plenty of arguments with the bookie.

    in reply to: 888starz #290586
    Helpful
    Up
    0
    Down
    Not Helpful
    ::

    So — been using this thing for something like four months now and I keep coming back, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a mate asked me the other day. Am UK based, generally do football and horses, small stakes, so take it how you like.

    How I found it was actually a bit daft — I never could get my head round what an ew payout would be once you get five places instead of three. I’d just wing it and then be surprised. These days I type the odds in first, every time, even the boring singles.

    The single bet calculator tool is the bit I open most — type in stake and odds and you get the return with no faffing, either odds format. Same tool covers the bigger stuff — trebles maths, lucky 15s, a yankee, and that’s where I always got it wrong. If you fancy a poke about, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/no-vig]no-vig[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.

    One thing that genuinely made a difference were the nerdier extras. They’ve got an odds-to-probability thing and it makes obvious the overround, and there’s the kelly criterion calculator — I run quarter kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. Dutching calculator gets used a fair bit if I’m spreading across selections.

    It’s not perfect mind. The design feels a bit basic — no frills, which honestly I don’t mind but some will. On my phone it’s fine but the acca grid make you pinch and zoom. Also there’s nothing on the app store, just the site — doesn’t bother me but worth saying.

    Anyway. Costs nowt, not plastered in adverts, does what it says. If anyone still does the maths on paper, give it a go — it’s saved me a fair few arguments with the bookie.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)