single bet calculator

Home › Forums › Job Openings › single bet calculator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Posts
    • #291505
      Helpful
      Up
      0
      Down
      Not Helpful
      ::

      Right — been using this thing for maybe five months now and it’s stuck on my phone, so figured I’d chuck my thoughts in since a lad on another thread asked me last week. I’m in the UK, generally bet football and racing, small stakes, so take it how you like.

      What got me on it was genuinely embarrassing — I couldn’t ever get my head round what an each way return actually was once you get five places instead of three. I’d just wing it and moan when the payout landed. These days I type the odds in before I place anything, even a simple single bet.

      The single bet calculator is the one I use most — type in your stake, the odds and you get the return straight away, either odds format. It also handles the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, a lucky 15, yankees, and that’s where I always lose track. If you fancy a poke about, it’s over at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/super-heinz]what is super heinz bet[/url] — free, no signup.

      The thing that actually changed how I bet were the more serious tools. The implied probability calculator that shows the overround, and there’s the kelly criterion tool — I use half kelly because full kelly is far too aggressive. The dutch tool is handy too for when I’m covering two or three runners.

      Couple of gripes. The layout feels pretty plain — not much frills, it’s clearly function over form. On mobile it works though the acca grid need a bit of scrolling. And no proper app, it’s a website and that’s it — doesn’t bother me just flagging it.

      So yeah. Doesn’t cost anything, no ads shoved in your face, does the job. Anyone who even now works out returns on a calculator app, try it — it’s saved me a load of “wait, that’s it?” moments.

    • #291510
      Helpful
      Up
      0
      Down
      Not Helpful
      ::

      OK — have been messing about with this thing for about a few months now and it’s basically bookmarked at this point, so figured I’d say something since a lad on another thread asked me the other day. I’m UK based, mainly stick to footie and the horses, small stakes, just so you know where I’m coming from.

      The reason I started using it was genuinely embarrassing — I never could get my head round what an ew payout actually came to when the place terms changed. Basically I’d wing it and get a shock. These days I punch the numbers in first, every time, even the boring singles.

      The single bet calculator is the bit I’m on daily — you put in your stake, the odds and you get returns instantly, fractional or decimal, doesn’t matter. There’s also the bigger stuff — acca and treble returns, lucky 15 and lucky 63, patents and yankees, honestly that’s where most people I know lose track. Have a go yourself, it lives at [url=https://singlebettingcalculator.uk/bet-calculator/accumulator]profit accumulator calculator[/url] and it’s free with no account nonsense.

      The thing that genuinely made a difference were the nerdier bits. The implied probability thing which shows you how much the bookie’s taking, plus a kelly criterion tool — I use half kelly as the full version is far too aggressive. The dutching one is handy too for when I’m spreading across selections.

      Couple of gripes. The design feels a bit basic — not much polish, looks like it was built by someone who cares more about maths than colours. Phone-wise it’s fine but the lucky 63 breakdown need a bit of scrolling. And no app, it’s browser only — doesn’t bother me but you asked.

      Anyway. Doesn’t cost anything, no ads shoved in your face, does what it says. If you honestly works out returns on a calculator app, have a look — saved me plenty of “wait, that’s it?” moments.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.